Sunday, February 12, 2012

Web Activity 5


I made this in photoshop. I attempted to make an image where the letters were made of smoke and subtly stated facts about smoking. However, that proved a little too challenging for now. I am going to keep messing with it, but for this draft I went with a black background and added the statements. I then made smoke going up through the frame. I like this image, but I am more excited to go back and work on the smoke-letter effect that will make a bit more like an optical illusion.

The other image, the one to the left, is one of my attempts at making the letters of smoke. I have tried to blend the two in a couple of different ways, but I would like the letters to blend in so well that to the eye it could look just like smoke, but if you looked closer, you could see the statements.

2 comments:

  1. I prefer the bottom image. I was trying to create a similar effect with smoke but was unable to. The third fact gets lost in the smoke, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to rethink the use of white text over the smoke. Try experimenting with the placement of your text and the color of the text to see if you can make it more legible.

    ReplyDelete