Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kendra's Middle Matters Poster Draft

Hi all! Here is my first draft for the Middle Matters poster. I wanted to keep it simple. I used the same colors throughout. I noticed in the pdf format (before saving it as a JPEG that the white text looked blurred...), so if this is how the image appears, does anyone know why? Or how to fix it?

Also, I can't decide if the "white space" below the two text boxes should have something in its place. I also know that the text on the second box is a lot, so comments on that will also be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for the comments and feedback!

6 comments:

  1. Oops, correction...instead of below the text boxes I meant BETWEEN the two text boxes (which I'm sure you picked up on...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra I really like your visual of the puzzle. The colors are light on the eyes so it make it easy to follow the imagery. The words message in you first box has correlating meaning to the image you used which is good. The visual overall has a good flow. As I first viewed your image my attention is drawn to the green box, then to the image, then to the text at the bottom. The text can be be bigger and there is a bunch of information. But I feel you did a great first draft.
    I'm no expert by far so take what a say very lightly.
    Try to consolidate the information in the last text box and you have yourself a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely designed! Everything just looks nicely aligned and the color pops. Don't have any suggestions on how you could get the image better. I just might try to rephrase the section in the blue box. It reads more like a grant than a ad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Kendra, I think the concept is very clear and too the point. You may want to consider changing the color of the word "piece" since your overall theme seems to be "being the PIECE that matters". GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm going to work on the "pop" of the words and try to break down the box of text at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kendra, I would use conventional alignment to make reading easier. Centered text is much more difficult to read than left aligned text.

    ReplyDelete