Sunday, February 12, 2012

Eric - Web activity 5


Ok, first, I'd love feedback on this as I'm really not comfortable how it turned out. I chose the background as it indicates chaos and a mildly negative connotation of smoking in general. I used white text as the figure with the image as the 'ground'. My intention is for the viewer to switch between both figure and ground in which one can disregard the text and vice versa. I tried following the CRAP principles in alignment of margins and the two middle text boxes to line up too. My concern really is that the text is made interesting enough where my ground will quite possibly end up becoming the figure which is not the point.

Images from; http://healthylifecarenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Cigarettes-healthy.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Eric-I can see in your image that there are certain words that are bolded. It's sorta hard to see exactly which words are bold. What font is this? Did you try any other fonts where the bolded style would stick out more. I like the concept! I would just try and play around with the fonts to make those bolded words stick out more! I'll play in Microsoft Word and see what other fonts I can find....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric, I like the idea and the picture you have for this one. I would change the layout of the text a little just so its more distinct that they are separate facts and not continuing ones. I agree with Jessica about the bolded words too. But I do really like the color scheme and the picture you chose. I think that it sends the right message. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric, I like the image that you chose! To me personally, my initial thought was "chaos" as you said, but it seems that you toned the image down a bit so it wouldn't be so aggressive which is good. I like that you tried not to have all of the facts going straight across (so I like the idea of the format you created), but I do agree with Kelsey that the two middle facts could be interpreted as continuing facts instead of separate ones at a glance. As Jessica said too, I do wonder what other fonts would display the bold text in a way that would stand out more. Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric, I always caution students about using background images behind text because I think it is difficult to do it well. I find that using an image behind the text makes it too busy, and sets up a situation where the words compete with the background image. If you want to do something like this, you would need to tone down the image even more to make it less busy.

    ReplyDelete