Sunday, February 12, 2012

Web Activity 5


I used Pixelmator (a mac version of photoshop) to create this image. I was determined to use the burning cigarette as my background image, and decided to place the facts above it. I have applied a filter to the background image in hopes of muting it some, however after looking at the image over and over, I can not decide if it is too overwhelming or not. The text "Tobacco Truth" is placed next to the cigarette because it is both the prominent image as well as the focus of the text. I chose to use colors in the white family for my text to help them stand out, but to also blend with the image as a whole. Any and all feedback is appreciated!

photo from flickr.com (http://www.flickr.com/photos/seannaber/3308485218/sizes/z/in/photostream/)

6 comments:

  1. Love the photo of the burning cigarette - very powerful image! My only thought for an improvement is that the text at the top seems... heavy... like it's too much for the top of the image. I can't actually tell you why. If you are going to do a revision, try putting your Tobacco Truth top left then work your facts down the right side and see what it looks like. May balance it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling me about PIxelmator. I downloaded the free trial and it was very user friendly. You're the best, Saadia! I love the picture you've found for this poster. I like Renee's suggestion. Having the facts run down the side might make them a little easier to read. Right now, my eyes are drawn to the picture and Tobacco Truth but I just glazed over the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saadia, I also really like the image you chose. It was very good and caught the eye of the reader. The only suggestion I have is to move Tobacco Truth to the top and move the facts down to the right possibly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried moving the words around, but they begin to overlap with the image. I am still playing with the document to find a better balance, thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What if you kept your text at the top, but made it flush right rather than centered? And aligned Tobacco truth that way, too?

    ReplyDelete