Sunday, February 12, 2012

Activity 5 Tobacco

I chose to organize the information into organized boxes.  I have also created visuals to help the viewer connect the words to a visual representation of the material.  I also made it as simple as possible and easy to read. The two facts that have visuals are in similar colors while the other facts are in lighter colored boxes.  I used similar pictures for both of the visual representations.  I made the background a light blue color so it is not very distracting and it allows the other boxes to stand out more.

4 comments:

  1. My first reaction is that the colors you chose seem so... happy! Colors that demonstrate more of a warning would seem to be more appropriate, I think. The black lettering on the purple is a bit difficult to read. I do like the 5 cigarette butts demonstrating the five attempts to quit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very right. I think the colors look good together but they do not match the message. I will redo it with some different colors. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Renee - too happy! Like the layout, though - I would go with a maximum of three colors on the poster and maybe not even put boxes around the three facts in the middle - maybe have them running down the middle with the two boxes with images on the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others about the color choices. In addition, you may want to reconsider the use of text boxes. Because your text boxes are colored boxes enclosed in borders, they isolate the information and visuals contained within. When you use boxes in this way, you set up areas on your document that compete with each other for the viewer's attention. A better idea would be to eliminate the enclosed texts boxes (by eliminating the color and the borders) and use other techniques to focus the viewer's attention on the information presented.

    ReplyDelete