Sunday, February 12, 2012

Web Activity 5

After looking at the image in the textbook, I decided that I would compose a different poster that got the same point across but in a different way. I chose to alter an image that I found. In this image one thing that is noticeable is the lack of the excess wording. I feel that less is more when dealing with topics like this. The font choice is one that has a "digital look" and was chose to resemble a statistic or data. The placement of the words shows that choosing to smoke (the filter end) is killing yourself and the other end (the pillow side) is the end result of smoking killing you. Although much of these meanings are conveyed through the image (not directly stated), I feel that the image has a deeper impact than the one from the text. I chose to change the color of "preventable" to white so that it contrast against the rest of the sentence and the viewer understands that the end result is "preventable".


Image source:
http://catchdesign.blogspot.com/2010/10/creative-anti-smoking-ads.html

5 comments:

  1. Hi Brad,

    Nice image. I thought of a cigarette right away. I like the clean layout. I did not get the connection between suicide and homicide until I read your description, though.

    Thanks, Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Matt for the feedback. I was trying to depict the "choice" of smoking, so that why I thought suicide near the bed because committing suicide is actively deciding to kill yourself. Any suggestions on how to get that message across in a clearer manner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this concept/idea Brad! The hospital bed looks awesome. The words were a little difficult to see/read. The image might benefit from a larger font.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, Brad! I think it works as is.

    ReplyDelete