Saturday, February 18, 2012

Eric - poster draft "Middle Matters"


Here's my draft of the poster. The bottom gradient and placement of the text may be a problem, but this is what I've got so far.

Image from: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZ8UdJ_1iLhY7fd_PbTltF01Jm82bzfcD8Z8T8gMxcV3nmCfKoQTzk07X0Z8d053bIRaiGsUB4oYZ7pdY1knvCOpcmSrIai_CmuhXqlntM53vBn2yqyWrvc9a07T2nLzcSR6Y4FIAJFas/s1600/Students+Raising+Hands+in+Classroom+-+microsoft.JPG

***Side note on the picture programs*** - After trying so many programs (Sumopaint, Aviary, Pixlr, Inkscape), I've come to realize that GIMP (it's free) is probably the best to use. It's updated and has a very similar feel to Photoshop. Inkscape is something I really didn't like much. Less tools and the UI was not as slick. GIMP is the one I ended up with but warning - there is a learning curve!!!! If you want to spend hours of looking through tutorials and learning the program it is worth it but also time consuming.

3 comments:

  1. Eric, this looks really cool! I love the picture you used and all the effects on the poster. Great Job, it's definitely one of the most unique!

    I can only think of two suggestions. The first would be to maybe make the title a little bolder, or have more contrast with the background. The other suggestion is to change the alignment of the sponsors. I see how you were lining them up, but It created a few boxed in "white spaces." Other than that, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric-- I definitely agree with Kelsey! I really like the effects you used on the image you chose, and the poster overall. As far as criticism, my perspective is very similar to what you and Kelsey already pointed out. The title could have more contrast with the background to stand out. Also, the spacing and alignment of the sponsors threw me off a little--so you may want to play around with that a little bit. I would consider making the contact information bold as well. Overall, I really like this poster idea! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete