Wednesday, February 11, 2015

RET - Logo Draft



The John C. Wells Planetarium has a task board.  It is a modified SCRUM board that keeps track of student projects as well as general tasks to be done for the planetarium.  On the board has been a task for weeks now to redo the logo.  This assignment gave me a REALLY good excuse to do that.  Here is my first draft.  Hope everyone likes it.

To draw this I had to go to LYNDA.com and get some training on using GIMP.  I use GIMP over Photoshop because it is free and already installed on my home computer.  Lynda.com had some excellent tutorials.  The paths, text with paths, and painting with paths was particularly useful for this project.

5 comments:

  1. This looks really good! Serves the purpose really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. I think it captures what the planetarium does perfectly. The only thing I might suggest is playing with the font a little on either John C...or Planetarium to differentiate the two. For example, I wonder if making the planetarium text filled in would help it stand out a little more. But overall it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rob. I think the text would stand out better if it was either filled in all the way or if it had a heavier stroke. I really like it, though! Really good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just really think this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete