Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Leisha's Logo Draft

I used Canva to work on my logo.  I know in the Middle Ed department we have had several professors suggest we design our own classroom website, which I think is a great idea.  I am hoping to use these assignments to help me design a very professional and cohesive portfolio where I can sort of 'brand' and 'market' myself as a teacher. 

I liked the idea of using primary colors since I think that really screams 'education'.  My concentrations are Science and History, so I wanted to incorporate some symbols that demonstrated that as well as the book and pencil to kind of tie in other general education ideas.  On some of the designs I included text using two fonts (Sacramento for my name and Josephia Sans for the word 'classroom').  I would generally stay away from script, but because it is my name, I felt I could take a little creative liberty there. 

I played around with basically the same concept, but moved items around to try some different alignment styles.  Please critique me!

I think this one could act as a stand alone sort of logo. 



3 comments:

  1. Leisha, I really like all your ideas. The primary colors definitely remind me of education and you picked out really appropriate symbols. Having variations is nice so that you can choose to use them in different ways: letterhead, web, twitter icon, etc. The only things that I would change are making your graphics a little bigger in the very first image and possibly try changing the direction of the pen so that it points in to the circle, because everything else seems to direct you into the circle center. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome Leisha!! I agree with making the first symbols a little larger. I would say the last one is great for things you want your name on, and the first one clearly represents you and can stand alone! If you wanted to look at other variations, on the third, maybe move the pencil where the book is and flip it like it is writing your name (and move your name up) and then move the book up next to the globe? Just another thing to look at... but I think what you have here is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the first few images but really like the final one. I think the font choice is perfect and your name works better larger. I might even try to go a little bigger with the font and smaller with the images but I think the final image looks great!

    ReplyDelete