Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Amanda Leech Logo Draft


Here are my logo drafts. I created this for my daughter's daycare, Tara's Tots, and wanted it to be fun and colorful to appeal to parents with children. First, I googled some other daycare logos to get some ideas and come up with the first one- the shapes look like blocks which aligned with the daycare feel. I wanted to use a fun font, so I ended up downloading a new one on my computer and also chose some fun, but gender neutral colors. I took the first logo and played around with skewing the blocks, which was something new for me. I liked the dimension the skewing gave the blocks in the second one as well. Lastly, I wanted to try something more conceptual so I created the third logo. I used three circle because the daycare only takes kids for three years, and I put some fun triangles (I got the idea for triangles from the frog powerpoint!) around the outside to represent the 12 children that attend the daycare. After I made that one, I thought that conceptual might not be the best thing for a daycare logo, since it needs to appeal to children and their parents, but I liked it so I kept it in. 

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I think your logo drafts are very effective! I would say that the 3rd is the strongest, and I'm actually having a hard time thinking of suggestions...I've listed a few thoughts below:
    --Maybe you could use blocks instead of circles, since blocks do more to connote the idea of kids and playtime.
    --If you do use blocks instead of circles, making them 3-dimensional might be a nice touch
    --You might want to play around with the positioning or the number of the triangles. They do add to the "fun" impression it gives, but it might be a bit busy for a logo.
    Honestly, I'm not sure implementing any of these suggestions would really make your design any more effective. I think you did a great job just with the draft!

    ReplyDelete