Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Kara Martinez's Logo Draft


My current research focuses on the multiracial student population here at JMU, and Dr. Noorie and I are in the midst of trying to start a group/organization for the multiracial student population here. So, I thought it would be nice to create some type of logo for the group to really try and make it somewhat official/organized. I thought it would be good to incorporate a variety of colors being that the students are of many different backgrounds, and I liked the idea of using hands/raising of hands (something along those lines) as if to say, "Here I am" or "I am part of the multiracial student population here at JMU." In discovering a nice clip art version of raised hands, I thought that it would be cool to turn them upside down so that the fingers created an "M" shape for the "Multiracial" part of the logo. I'm not 100% sure about the font. I definitely want something that flows. Here are a couple of drafts using different fonts even though they are somewhat similar. Is it too busy? Should I get rid of some of the hands? What are you guys' thoughts?




5 comments:

  1. I like the idea Kara. Although, the hands look like they are reaching down rather than being raised up. I'm not sure how you can keep the "M" if you have the hands being raised up as opposed to coming down though. I do like how the color scheme is incorporated into the font as well though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob! I know - that was one aspect I was struggling with. I just really loved how the fingers created that "M" shape, but I think I may have to play around with it some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this design! I think it is creative and clearly conveys what the group is all about. Love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea Kara!! I love the first one! The alignment looks neater. Just an out there idea...maybe have two hands coming together in peace signs to make the M?

    ReplyDelete