Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Ashley Caudill Logo Draft


Here is the logo that I created for the Educational Leadership department.  I will be the first to say that logos are hard and I am not very good at designing them, but this one doesn't seem as awful as my other attempts, which I am too embarrassed to display on the internet.  I was hoping to create a logo that made use of the white space and had images or words displayed in it, but unfortunately I am not that creative or talented, like the graphic designers we saw in class.  I was hoping to capture the feeling of leadership, which I tried to do with have the person in the middle displaying bigger and in a tie, because to me usually people in ties are the "higher up" people on the totem pole.  I also wanted to display the text "educational leadership" because I feel that my logo isn't quite strong enough to the viewer to understand what the logo is for.  One the right hand side, I originally tried to do a cool "swoosh" image, and after many failed attempts and uneven edges, I decided to erase it because it just wasn't working, but a happy mistake happened.  I accidentally only erased a straight line creating a "cut" in the image, which I thought looks visually interesting, so I started erasing more and more pieces, which is why the yellow image on the left have the white lines through it.  I choose yellow because obviously JMU is purple and gold, and I thought would add a nice color pop to the logo.

Overall thoughts? Opinions? Any feedback would be great, as logos are not my strong suit.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, I really like the graphic you created of the purple people. I think that really captures the essence of leadership nicely! I also liked the font that you picked. It's very elegant and regal looking, which also ties nicely into leadership. However, I'm not quite sure about the gold symbol. Does that symbol mean something in your department? If not, perhaps you could lose that and add the gold color into the people? Maybe the front person could be gold, or just have a gold tie? Not sure. Just my two cents. I really like what you have so far. Great job!

    ReplyDelete