Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Visual Resume Draft - Annette Liskey

I created this image in Adobe Illustrator using free vector shapes (http://www.bittbox.com/freebies/random-free-vectors-part-10) and a color scheme from Adobe Kuler (https://kuler.adobe.com/Newmarket-Inc-color-theme-3435967/).

I wanted to find a way to show the main themes of my skills and how they interrelate to each other.  It's fairly light on text and details, which I'm not sure if I like or not.  Truth is, there's a lot of information about me out there on the web (LinkedIn profile, portfolio website, bio on my current employer's site).  If someone wanted to find more details, I'm only a Google search away.

The Illustrator file is formatted to print on a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper.  The upper-left cog bleeding off the page was intentional, but now that I see it within a web page I realize that it doesn't have the same effect as on the printed page, so I that's a problem I still need to solve.



2 comments:

  1. The colors you chose are appealing and not too much a resume. I think the right justify was an interesting way to place the text and definitely moves the eye across the page. Looking at this I get a good feel for skills you possess and your background, but not so much about who you are. I think for me this is missing personal content. FYI, when I look at this closely I can see the circle outlines where the text was placed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design, I really like the color scheme and the way it bleeds off of the left side of the page. I also like the concept of showing how your skills/experience are related, however, I would suggest grouping or rearranging the some of the similar skills like visual design and HTML just because they are closely related, but that is just a personal preference. GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete