Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Amanda Dudley Visual Resume Draft

I researched a lot of different websites and programs when deciding which tool to use to create my ideal visual resume.  There were lots of websites that would use the information I provided and create a visual resume for me, but that wasn't really the route I wanted to take. To make my visual resume, I took little parts from visual resumes I found in my researched that I liked, and created my own version using PowerPoint. I chose to use PowerPoint because it gave me the most freedom to create almost exactly what I wanted. An issue I had with using a Microsoft program, was that for the pie chart at the bottom of my visual resume, I could not change the "pieces" of the pie to the colors I wanted. I'm not sure if I want to keep it that way, as the current color scheme doesn't really match the rest of my document, but I wanted to put a pie chart there to balance out the two circular images I use in the upper right portion of my resume. I am really looking forward to some feedback and any help or suggestions you have :) Thanks in advance!



2 comments:

  1. I like the colors and the layout. I like the design at the top and bottom, but it is rather large and wonder if you could use that space for more information, as it doesn’t convey any information. The logos look nice, and I like their placement. Not sure what program you used for your pie chart, but hopefully you will find one that will allow you to change the colors, as I like the appearance of it.

    I like the “arrows” that surround your headers, but they draw my eyes to both sides of the words. The skills chart is nice and I like the colors. But maybe rate yourself a little higher in some area so that they aren’t all just one even step higher? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried using Microsoft Word/Excel for the pie chart, and had limited options for color. But I am still working on that. My thinking with the arrows that are in my header was to convey a consistent theme throughout the resume. I really appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve the final version of my visual resume.

    ReplyDelete