Sunday, January 26, 2014

Katie Thomas - AHRD Poster



Though I'm no expert, I've used Photoshop for years and I decided to try GIMP for this project because reviews were pretty favorable. I took assets from the AHRD pdf to create something that seemed consistent. It took me about three hours to complete in GIMP where as in Photoshop, I probably would have been finished in 45 minutes. That said, GIMP was fairly similar to Photoshop in many ways so my workflow was not so different. The hardest thing with GIMP was using their selection tools. Because of the similarities to Photoshop, I expected the selection tools to also behave in a similar fashion but that wasn't so. Just trying to deselect took creative solutions instead of a quick hotkey. The user's guide was fairly useful but selection tools mostly require a learning curve and lots of practice to use them with ease. It was a bit like starting at square one again. And I never did find out how to deselect...

No comments:

Post a Comment