Sunday, January 26, 2014

Rust - AHRD Brochure as a poster

Today I re-created the AHRD Graduate Program brochure as a Poster. I used Inkscape for the Mac as my image editing tool. I reused the 'copy' and images from the original brochure, found at this location: http://www.jmu.edu/coe/ltle/wm_library/AHRD_Brochure.pdf

I found the tool to be extremely easy to use. The layout of the tools is similar to Illustrator, which I have used in the past. I found the export process to be confusing, but I was able to save the final product as a .png file.

My design of the poster is quite similar to the original brochure. I decided to keep the same color scheme and images as the brochure because JMU is steeped in tradition and picky about their colors. I tried to create a more poster-like layout by splitting the page into thirds. As a prospective student, the main information I would be looking at is first and foremost the curriculum, and then secondly it would be the contact information for the program and program directors. Any other information is peripheral, but might cinch the deal for a wavering prospective student.

No comments:

Post a Comment