Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Katie Thomas - Visual Resume



PPT in Dropbox

PPT in Slideshare with no interactivity

This is a rough of a potential website I might attempt in the future as a visual resume, perhaps when I learn an application like Dreamweaver more completely. Items in the home page are clickable and go to slides that are, at the moment, stand-in content. Later, I'd like to build content for each page that is stylistically consistent and entertaining. But the initial idea at this point is the home page and its interactivity. 

The home page has several images you can click on to find out more info about them. They represent much of the influences in my life, like an artist who pastes inspirational images around their work desk. And they read chronologically from left to right but obviously you don't have to click on them in that order. 

However, I'm finding it hard to post it as an open source slideshow and still retain its interactivity. In Slideshare, you can't click on buttons and images on the homepage and the video on the last page doesn't play. But feel free to download it from Slideshare or Dropbox and view it in PowerPoint. Thanks!




3 comments:

  1. Katie - I think that you did an absolutely phenomenal job with this prototype. It is very descriptive, and shows the entirety of your persona in a concise way. The pictures that associate with your accomplishments and interests really help to bring everything full circle. With that said, the only suggestion I would make is to make it a little but less wordy, and a little more "pictorial". I say that because you have a functional resume already, and the visual resume is meant to compliment that. So I would suggest taking out some of the words in the slides. I love the home page - it is very cool =) I think if you branch off of that home page, and make the rest of the slides look similar to that, it will be perfect. I love the colors and font you used =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, that's exactly what I'd like to do with the secondary slides. I'd like to make individual drawings for each one with less description. It would definitely fit the overall look and feel I'm trying to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,

    I think this is really great. I especially like the home page and how it links to the rest of the resume. Having other links embedded in the presentation works well also. As you mentioned, if you upload to slideshare, you lose these effects, but nice touches in the pptx version. I agree with Nicole that it would be ideal to have the sketch theme throughout, but I think you selected pictures that represent who you are. The words you chose were clearly chosen carefully and I think they reflect your personality (in a positive way). While this is a visual resume, words can paint pictures and I think your language choice does paint a picture of you. Not disagreeing with Nicole, just another perspective.

    ReplyDelete