Sunday, January 26, 2014

AHRD Poster (Module 3 Assignment)






I made this poster using Inkscape, an open-source image editor that works on Mac, Windows and Linux.  I like the idea of having another option for graphics, especially one that works on many platforms.  Using it on my Windows XP computer, the interface was very clunky and frustrating compared to how smooth it is to run Photoshop on my Mac. Still, I was able to do everything I needed to: text, images, grid/layout.  Not a very sophisticated tool, but the it did the job.

For this poster, I used an image from my department (JMU University Unions) and chose typefaces that match the JMU graphic standards.  The idea is to really emphasize the value of an education from JMU, and the photo really shows this is a traditional brick-and-mortar institution, not online-only.  I ended with a call to action ("visit").  Hopefully, this design gives the viewer a cohesive experience when they visit the website.

Image Credit:

JMUBuildings-72 [Photograph].  Retrieved January 25, 2014, from: http://www.flickr.com/photos/university_unions/

No comments:

Post a Comment