Monday, January 26, 2015

Sketchnoting (Visual Notetaking)

After reviewing several of the posters I saw that several folks do the same thing I do - journal designs.  Personally I like to write down lots and lots of notes and even go back and make them look neat.  A few years ago I found out that this is a practice called sketchnoting, practicing note-taking using a combination of text, images, and structure to emphasize content.  It relates heavily to visual literacy.  Here is a general overview of the process and several links to good articles on the subject:



Basics of Visual Notetaking

Sketchnoting in Web Design

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Rob! I think this really illustrates how people learn in different ways. I tend to learn best while performing a task myself but I am otherwise a rather visual learner. I never considered the idea of visual notetaking unless I'm performing a job that requires tools. Next time I run into a new task I will certainly give this a shot!

    ReplyDelete