Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Leisha Martin's Visual Resume Rough Draft

For my Visual Resume I used Canva.  It was very user friendly and made it easy to put together. When designing my rough draft I was originally going to go for an infographic sort of design.  However, I couldn't make the layout really "flow".  Fiddling around on Canva I found the Gallery mode, which organized the boxes under Teacher Preparation.  I think this layout is both organized and colorful.  I originally wanted to go with a blue color scheme. Once I put the JMU crest on the banner, it looked tacky and out of place with the blue background.  I like the purple and yellow, but I'm afraid it might be "too matchy".  I would appreciate any critique!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leisha! Thanks for your feedback on my resume! I really like your resume and the colors your choose to represent JMU. Just a couple of suggestions: I think all of your headlines should match and be capitalized just like "SKILLS" is.. so like work experience and in the classroom should maybe be in the same font and style as the others. And instead of saying James Madison University, you can say "Education" since you already have JMU in the ribbon on the top right. Either work, but it's just an idea. Another thing that may just be me, but I think your margins should all be aligned.. so by pulling down your ribbon with the JMU crest in it to line up with your name and even pull the "Teacher Preparation" banner to line up with the margins on the left and right. Then again, that might be too large if you do that. Overall, it looks really good and I like how your have the boxes to separate each category!

    ReplyDelete