Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Mariya Khan's Visual Resume Draft



Okay, so I actually am quite surprised at the amount of time that this took me to complete. For some reason, I had so many ideas in my head, but I was so limited with what I could actually create since I do not have too much experience in photo editors. Interestingly enough, manipulating the photo editors took more time and effort than actually coming up with the idea. I used Photoshop to create my visual resume and I enjoyed using it. I did try to use an application that I have never used before so that I could gain the experience and to ensure that using these applications would become easier in completing future assignments.



This is the visual resume that I am able to upload onto Blogger. My more recent one (that actually looks a bit more visually appealing) was unable to be uploaded. I chose the color scheme because it represents colors that I pretty much use on a daily basis (in my classroom, room, etc.). I also designed a "Smartboard" at the bottom of the page to demonstrate my experiences throughout my teaching career so far. I know it isn't the absolute best in terms of creativity, however, I am still working on it and I am completely open to suggestions in order to clean it up a bit!



1 comment:

  1. Mariya,

    Your resume looks amazing! I like the color scheme and the skills section, I really enjoyed how you added which skills applied when you were in that position. Very clever. My main suggestion would be repositioning some of the text on your resume. The words detail oriented is really close to the icon for bilingual, I think I would try to space them evenly. Also, in the teaching second I would center the position title in the blue area, Stevenson University Ambassador is sitting on the bottom of the box, when I think it would look better if it was centered, and it would make it easier to read. I would also, decrease the font size a hair for your title "Elementary Educator & Technologist" because the "e" and "t" are bleeding into the shadow you have around your border making it harder to read. The blue textured background makes some words hard to read as well, maybe there is a way you can outline the text in a box like you did in the teaching section for the sections with the blue background to make it easier to read.

    I love the icons you used and the colors work very well together, the smart board at the bottom was a great touch. I would just definitely focus on spacing of text to make sure they are all consistent and easy to read.

    ReplyDelete