Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Katie Bowser Visual Resume Draft



I am a music educator, so I created my resume around a musical staff, with a modern-art style with the treble clef and sharp key signature (which I created), use of silhouette clip-art, and the simplicity of using only 2 colors.  Each section of my resume has it's own spot in the spaces of the staff, with art that correlates with it's heading.  I only used Times New Roman, with 3 font sizes and 2 colors based on it's importance. 

2 comments:

  1. Katie, I love your music theme! I also like your use of representative images. Here are my suggestions. Maybe make your name a little smaller and your contact information a little bigger so that the top part looks slightly different that your boxes below. Also, I would move your text a little bit further away from the images to create a little more white space. Lastly, since your reference don't fit into the music score boxes, maybe make them look a little different. That way the fact that you are using the score boxes is a little more noticeable. Otherwise, great job and theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One other thing that might make your resume pop even more is to change the color of the treble cleft. That way it will stand apart a little more. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete