Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Amanda Loeser's Visual Resume Draft


Here is the rough draft of my visual resume. I went through many different layouts, color schemes, font choices, and wordings and finally came up with what I have. I don't know why it took me so long to figure out a design for the one I have up here seems pretty basic. I used canva again because I felt comfortable using it for my poster and figured it would be a great tool for my resume as well. I kept wanting to add more and more text to this resume, but kept deleting things because there was not nearly enough white space. I still feel like there is too much text, but I couldn't figure out what to keep and what to take out. I used two fonts throughout and three colors, but pretty minimally. Let me know what I need to work on and what needs to be added/deleted!

1 comment:

  1. Amanda,

    This is an AMAZING rough draft.

    Things I love,
    1. Your quote at the top works perfectly in lieu of an Objective. I think it really demonstrates what sort of teacher you are, and I like that it is a highlighted piece on your resume.
    2. Color scheme is excellent and everything looks like it fits well together.
    3. The "Check Out My Website" feature is SUPER cool. It also tells me that you have experience working with technology and can manage a website.

    Things to work on
    1. I agree that it does seem pretty wordy and not enough white space. Are there any parts on your resume that could be substituted for an image to get the same point across? And is it possible to say "Student Teacher at North Fork and Frank J. Hillyard Middle Schools in VA during Fall 2014" in order to reduce the amount of words? And same for the practicum experience? I don't know how that would change layout wise.

    2. This is just nitpicky, but on all of the banners like "Work Experience" and "School Experience", the tops of the words hit the white inner border of the banner. I think it would look a little neater if the words were lowered just a little to fit inside the banner.

    ReplyDelete