Friday, January 30, 2015

Jen's Visual Resume

I'm apologize everyone that I am late getting my draft up!  I completely mixed up the peer review process due dates and thought that we were supposed to have our drafts up by Sunday because I was referencing the due date that was showing up in Canvas.  I'm an idiot.  In the future, I need to remember that the Canvas calendar doesn't show the due dates for our drafts!  Whoops!

I decided to use Illustrator to design my visual resume.  I used some of the graphics that I had used to design my website last semester.  I also chose a complimentary color scheme so that when it is uploaded to the website it complements the visuals that are already in place there.   I also tried to use similar shapes to capitalize on the "repetition" factor of design.  So, there are a lot of circles.   Thus far, I like most of the layout and elements that I have.  However, I need to work on the bottom banner. The "hobbies" section just doesn't take up the proper amount of space.  So, I might try and find some different visuals or a different infographic to use there.  I also want to somehow set the gray background apart more from the white box.   I still need to add in all of my learning experience data.  But, I wanted to get this posted ASAP so that I didn't hold up my peer review partner (I'm so sorry, Katie!).  I would appreciate any and all feedback since I've never attempted a visual resume before!

Edit: I've continued to play around with my resume and think I've figured out how to fix the bottom.  I also added a QR code that links to my website.  Other than that, I just did some more fidgeting with centering, coloring, etc.




1 comment:

  1. Jen! What a great job you've done on this! I agree about the complimentary color theme, I can tell the importance level of information and the grouping based off of the coloring. I can see a flow from the top left to bottom right, like the "works every time" design suggests. I wonder, in your tool box, since each one is ranked by your familiarity (Im assuming), that you could put them in a similar comparative table as your "interests" table, or at least organized from greatest to least? Also, I'd love to see more attention drawn to your initial statements next to your picture, my eye skips over it, maybe make the font bigger or bold? I think it's ok to make it different than the rest of your resume, because it's serving a different function.

    ReplyDelete