Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mariya's Poster



I apologize for taking this long to post my instructional poster. I have very little internet access at work and have been getting home very late in the evenings lately. I have two different instructional posters that I have designed and have been playing with for the past week or so. Since Dr. Wilcox asked us to create our own images, I took some of my own around my own house and AC/Heating units that I have access to. I edited them using Pixlr and then used Photoshop to configure and arrange my poster. I tried to stick with the theme of the logo that I made for the previous assignment, however, this was proven to be extremely difficult since I know absolutely nothing about HVAC systems. Half way through the assignment, I debated just dropping the heating and cooling poster, but I decided to just stick with it and try to figure out how to make a difficult concept (for me), more user friendly.

I know some of it doesn't work well but I am still trying to figure things out. I am not completely done with my poster just yet, however, I wanted to post what I have so far and get any suggestions as to what I should do with it.


Here is what I have so far...here goes!




2 comments:

  1. Mariya, What a great idea for a poster. Giving something like this to customers would probably really help cut down on unnecessary calls! I think I like the idea of two posters. Your first one could be the one that is mailed and the second one that is landscape would make a great fridge magnet! In the first poster, you might try picking a red derivative for the heating side. Also, the text is a little hard to read. Maybe try making it larger and numbering it. Also, since the first steps are the same, maybe you could start from one picture and then branch into left or right and into the colors, if that makes sense. I like the font that you've chosen for the top headings, but that font for the address makes it hard to read. You might try a different font there. I think I'd also make the "did this fix your issue?....Give us a call." bigger. You want to showcase your awesome company! For the last poster, I'd just make the text a little bigger. Otherwise, great job! I seeing this being a really helpful poster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariya, I really like the landscape poster! I like the colors used and the snowflake/flame to symbolize which instructions are for which option. Great idea! I think there is a great use of white space as well as proximity will all of your items. As far as the portrait poster, I'm not a fan of the animals at the top of the page, mostly because I feel like the poster is geared towards adults and those animals make me think it should be used on a children's poster. The text on the bottom of the poster is a little hard to read, but I think that is mostly because of the font. Is it just me or are the words at the bottom in a wavy pattern instead of straight across? I did like the left and right separation for the heating and cooling options, but I agree about maybe trying to combine the first image to represent both heating and cooling and branching off from there. Last idea I had was maybe make the pictures used fill the outline more, there is a lot of white space around them. Just a thought. Overall, I really liked your posters and thought it was a great start!

    ReplyDelete