Thursday, February 26, 2015

Christy's Poster Draft

I still have some tweaking to do, but I am pretty pleased with my first draft of this poster. I continued the Ed. Leadership theme with this assignment. I thought Ashley did a great job with her version of an Ed. Leadership poster, so I wanted to create something that the program director could use in addition to that. Since I work as a graduate assistant for that program, I asked the program director, Dr. Crowder, what would be most beneficial to him. He liked the poster focusing on the Master's track of the program (kudos to Ashley Caudill), and he emphasized how beneficial an informational poster about the certificate program would be for recruitment purposes..

I already had a lot of background knowledge about the program, which helped me to know how to organize the content. Dr. Crowder requested that I include other information such as potential job titles and state endorsement requirements. I had created the cohort map for a previous project of his; I just modified the coloring to match JMU's identity colors from the logo assignment. I really tried to think about how I could use the different sorts of images we've discussed in this assignment. I think I've covered representational, organizational, and interpretive images.


2 comments:

  1. Christy I really like the layout and the color scheme you chose for your poster. I know there is a lot of information to convey in the design but do you think you could make the font size larger? It would be easier to read from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy,

    I think you have a lot of great things going on with your poster and it's definitely educational, but it's really busy and a little overwhelming. A couple of suggestions:

    1. Can you make the logo smaller and put it in the corner? I don't think it needs to be the focal point . You could make the job titles larger which would draw in your audience.
    2. Use standard bullets rather than ~ ones in your application requirements.
    3. The map is definitely cool but I think it overwhelms the page... not sure how to get the same effect other than to just have the detail in the areas that are circled- if you are able to simplify the image I think it would help a lot!

    ReplyDelete