Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Kara's Poster Draft


So, at first I started out this design using photos from the internet, and then when looking back over the rubric, I saw that Dr. Wilcox recommended we create our own images. So, I actually went and got all of the ingredients for this dish, took photos of each thing (even my final creation - which you can see at the top of the poster (chips and guacamole)!) and was able to get rid of the background using the magnetic lasso tool in Photoshop. The magnetic lasso is the BEST THING! Haha! While it did take some time in doing all of that for each image, I am very pleased with how they turned out. I tried to stay mindful of the margins and white space.  I also attempted to utilize chunking and columns. I found the grid view to be extremely helpful when determining placement of all my vegetables and chips. I am still struggling with a background color though. What do you guys think? I have the greener background which I pulled the color from the lime, and then a yellowish background in which I pulled from one of Photoshop's default background options. Your input would be greatly appreciated!





7 comments:

  1. I can attest to the Guac-amazing-ness of Kara's Guacamole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, You made me hungry! That was the point, right? :) Your pictures look really great. That was a smart idea to photograph each of them, although I'm sure that did take a lot of time! You have great margins, good white space, and nice colors. I do like the lighter background. I think it's easier to read. The only things that I would suggest are moving your "Holy Guacamole" over to the left to align with all of your other text and moving your top picture over to the right a little bit so that there's a bit more space between it and "recipe." I might also play around with adding the same chip border to the top for repetition, but I'd have to see it. It might not work. Anyhow, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the lighter background better than the green. I agree with having all of the text left aligned to make it more consistent. My only other suggestion would be to move the plate at the top a little more to the right so it doesn't crowd the word recipe. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the top one Kara! The contrast of the green is fantastic! The only thing that threw me off with your design is the shapes on the bottom. What are they?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH!! They are the bowl chips!!! haha nice! And on second thought...I like the lighter color background. However the texture is a little uneasy on the eyes! Those pictures though!!! Fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete