Monday, February 23, 2015

Lauren's Poster Draft

So I had started to create this before class today, and now I'm not sure that it is actually what Dr. Wilcox is looking for...

I had taken instructional poster literally and created a poster I could see helpful in my middle school classroom.  My audience is 10-13 year olds so I used several colors.  My theme was originally the greens and blues but I needed to use the contrasting warm colors to highlight different aspects of the shape.

Some questions I have are:
1. Do I address "Design principles have been applied to the poster design - contrast, repetition, alignment, proximity" in the rubric?
2. Does my poster "use representational, interpretational, organizational or transformational images" well?
3. Is there just too much information?
4. Is the PRISM font hard to read? I wanted to choose a block font that resembled 3D figures.

Let me know what you think, please!








5 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren -

    I think your poster is pretty great! Your header font is perfect for the topic - it further emphasizes the overall idea of what/how a prism is and looks. I also liked how you used the different cues (the pink line, red rectangle, and orange dot) when explaining the different parts of a prism. I like the simplicity of it and your use of white space is effective. I am wondering if there'd be a way to somehow incorporate the title "Prism" 's font color somewhere in the poster. Or maybe you could make the title the same color as the one of the darker blueish-greenish sides of the prisms? Just a thought. I think it looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with making the colors of the poster repeat. I think this is an AWESOME poster for a classroom. Its simple, direct and is understandable. "Prism" is not hard to read, it works quite well and it looks like a prism. Good job

    ReplyDelete