Sunday, February 22, 2015

Jen's Head Shot

Well, the snow and weather really cramped my style this week.  I had originally wanted to take the picture outside.  With the frigid temperatures and 8 inches of snow yesterday, that didn't happen!  I had also planned on getting my hair cut beforehand (overdue), and that didn't happen either.  We were in Winchester this weekend for my sister's birthday, so I had to use the backdrops available to me in my parents' house.  I tried several, but ultimately the blue chair was the only place where the light was good enough to not cast a lot of shadows on my face.


I played around a lot with the picture.  First, I cropped it to reduce the busy background.  Then,  I increased the contrast, saturation and color hues.  I also played around with the lowlights and highlights until I thought that the picture was better balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment