Sunday, February 22, 2015

Christy's Headshot



                                           Original Picture
 I'm not completely pleased with this headshot...mainly because I think it could have been better with more quality equipment and a different background. Still, I think I improved upon the original a lot! I have been using Sumo Paint for most of the image editing I have done for this class, but I experimented with Pixlr for this assignment. I think Pixlr is a bit easier to use without a lot of experience, partially because of the simplicity of the user interface. In Pixlr, I increased the contrast and vibrancy, adjusted the focus, and added a filter with a subtle effect. I like that Pixlr allows the user to adjust the amount of effect a filter has on the image...I didn't know of an option like that in Sumo Paint.

I also used a large white poster board to reflect natural light from the window in a warmer, more even way. I think it definitely helped, and it was an interested learning experience to see how this trick really helped to improve numerous aspects of the original image.

1 comment: