Thursday, February 26, 2015

Leisha's New Draft

So my first plan failed because of snow, I was not able to get the pictures I needed for my original poster idea.  I decided to try again from scratch.  This time I decided to create a hiring poster for the summer camp where I work.  I tried to incorporate the colors from the logo using the green and blue to contrast with the white.  I used images from past summers. I'm still struggling with trying to create a more dynamic design.  I also feel like I really struggle with setting up columns that flow. 
I'm afraid there might not be enough color in this one.  Fun Fact: I'll be getting married in the campfire circle pictured here in fall of 2016.  :)

I think it is a little too perfect that the staffer (my sister) in the picture is wearing a green staff shirt with blue shorts that match the color scheme.  Almost too perfect. 


Is there not enough text here?  I feel weird calling this an informational poster because there is so little written information on here. 

1 comment:

  1. Leisha I really like all of your posters! I like how you bolded the more important words and your text is really good. I also like the pictures you have from this camp. I like the first one and the third one best because I think the navy background is just a little too dark and having more pictures is more appealing to me. I really like the layout for the first one and it looks very professional. It has all the information that I would want to know. I do agree that there could be more color. Maybe you can use the green background for this one and have the words white and navy? And I would align "At the northern Virginia.." to the right instead of having it centered. Also, I like the saying "Want to be a part of something big?" and was thinking you could use that saying in your last draft if you go with that one. I like the third one because it's to the point and not cluttered with a bunch of stuff. This one looks the most clean and polished. The only thing I would change is move the word "summer" down just a little bit to have it more even if you keep that saying. I don't think you need to add any other words unless you want to add what the staff will be doing there. Awesome first drafts!

    ReplyDelete