Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Amanda Loeser Poster draft


Hi all! I created my poster trying to advertise an activity my sister and I did in Sedona called a Pink Jeep Tour. I wanted to use pictures that I've taken myself and then I edited them to have a pinkish color. I like the filter, but let me know if anyone finds it distracting or hard to see. Also I wanted to stick with the colors pink and navy because those are the colors of their website and so in order to be consistent, I followed that color scheme. Overall I like it, but am concerned there is not enough white space... should I make the pictures smaller in order to have white space or do we like it all filled up like this? I'm also a little concerned that there is overall too much going on in this. I really wish I took a picture without me and my sister in front of the pink jeep, but because I did not, I wasn't sure if I could take one off of their website or not? Should I move anything around or delete something that is unnecessary? Orrrr add some more info about the trip, like contact info, price, etc? I would appreciate any and all advice! :)

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, This is a really cool poster design! It makes me want to sign up for a Jeep tour immediately. You've really captured the essence of "adventure" and the beautiful outdoors. I do think you're right about needing to have some more information about the tour. If I saw this poster, I'd want to know where to go to find out more. Maybe you could play around with a wide diagonal stripe that showcased the stacked images and use the white space on top and bottom to showcase the logo you've designed and the contact info? Just a thought! Great job! This will be fun to see evolve as you go on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this design Amanda! I think the pink tint is perfect, especially on the top image, but on the bottom image, it makes it a little difficult to see your faces properly. I think if you maybe made the images and text all a little smaller, but still the same proportions so that the margins become bigger, you would feel like there is a lot more white space and a better overall feel with the design. These are awesome images and I think it clearly sends a message, or at least intrigues your audience to look into it. Maybe you could add a phone number or website so your audience can find out how to book the awesome tour!

    ReplyDelete