Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Jordan's Brochure Draft 1


So far here is where I am. I don't have all of my content for each heading on the brochure edited yet, which I think serves to benefit, because I really want to make sure my artwork is pretty easy to understand before I add text into each of these boxes.

I'm also not feeling quite committed to the traditional brochure format yet, but this was the first and simplest format that came to mind.  I've looked into some alternatives and might play with those over the next few days, but thought this would be a great first step for me to solidify an art style (And whether it might be appropriate to use a few colors here and there, although I'm really liking this whole black and white thing right now).

Last, I'd like to know how you guys feel about using the logo as like a folded out poster rather than having the outside of the brochure divided up into sections.  Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

  1. Jordan,
    When you ask about using the logo as a folded out poster, I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that it will fold where you see the white line? If so, what will be on the inside? If you what you have labeled as "inside" is what is inside, what will then be on the back? I like your idea of using a few pops of color here and there. You might be able to use color as a means of creating movement through your content. I like the way you've chunked your information into boxes. However, I think the palm trees way overpower the first text box and your heading. I guess it's a matter of what you want your focal point for that page to be. Maybe you could make them a bit smaller? Happy to provide more feedback before your final submission if you end up changing your brochure format. I'm sure it will be great when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the use of one side for a large visual. If you decide to go with this as the final I would line up the logo so that it does not rest on any folds and possibly add a larger graphic in the background. Maybe fade to it through a gradient but keep it relevant.

    On the inside I see the palm trees as distracting but could see them working if the content you want in the foreground stood out a little better. Maybe play with the contrast, opacity, and coloring to get that effect.

    ReplyDelete