Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Amanda Loeser's Rough draft

Okay, so I've had a really tough time making this brochure. I tried multiple ways of creating this and got pretty frustrated so I decided to do mine in a Word document. This caused many spacial issues because when I moved one thing, many other things moved as well. I am going to upload what I have now and will continue to work on this in Canva instead. I decided to do mine on a Wine Country Bike Tour that my sister and I did because I knew I had pictures for it. I plan to create many more symbols, but for now all I created are the bike tires in Google Draw. There definitely needs to be more color as well. The logo for the Bike Tour is an animal on a bike, which I got from their website as well as the color red. Please let me know anything and everything I can do to make this better. I know I need to make it prettier and am hoping this will look MUCH BETTER for my final product with all the changes I plan to make.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda! I like the images you chose for the wine country. It definitely perks my interest. I have just a few things I think might improve if they are tweaked. First, the font in the reddish boxes on the inside page are kind of fading into the white space. (Short Escape Bike Tours) I think if you make the font a little smaller or the boxes a little bigger it would fix the problem. Also, I'm not really sure what the '2 or 3 Night Healdsburg Short Escape' portion mean, so maybe some more details there? I love using the bike wheel as a bullet point! I think working in Canva you will be able to make everything flow a little better. Good luck with finishing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, Wow! I'm jealous. That sounds like an awesome bike tour! I've always wanted to do one of those. Your pictures are great. Could you make the one of you in the bike helmet a little bigger? It's a great picture and seems like you have some extra margin space above it. I agree with Leisha's comments. I have a few other suggestions. I would put a hairline border around your pictures to help them stand out from your white background a bit. I also think the right-justified "single day bike tours" looks a bit odd when everything else is left justified. I might change the vertical text on the brochure's front. It is a little hard to read. Is there a way that you could turn that into a fun banner within the photograph? While I like the bike wheel icon, I'd be careful using it as a bullet as it might fall into that "bad bullet" layout sin that Dr. Wilcox talked about in class. Could you use it somewhere else in the brochure instead? Lastly, I like your font choice, but I'd choose a different font for your body text. It will help your headings and subheadings to stand out more and it is a little hard to read as body text. One other suggestion, that may or may not work, it playing around with some text boxes or shapes behind your "book your trip today." Great job overall. I'd love to hear more about your trip sometime. I love bike touring!

    ReplyDelete