Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Mariya's Brochure Draft


Here is my rough draft of the brochure assignment. I tried to keep it consistent with the theme, font, and colors. I also wanted to make sure that I was satisfying the company's needs since they wanted a brochure that was more like a pamphlet and less as a traditional tri-fold brochure. Since I am not very fond of the traditional brochure, I was satisfied with this as well. I am in the process of creating a graphic for the back page in order to add some statistical information about the efficiency of HVAC systems. I also was thinking of adding some minor statistical information to get some customers more interested in the company's selling point.

The second draft (the cube shaped object) was geared more towards the "creative" type of brochure that provides customers with quick information at their fingertips. The flaps fold inwards and they close on the back with a little flap that holds them down in the center (this is the circle that is right in the center of the cube). This was intended to be more of a wallet sized creation for customers to keep in a compact space.

These will be refined within the next few days, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!







3 comments:

  1. Mariya,

    This looks awesome! I love the color scheme and I like the amount of white space you have on each page. I really liked how you chunked the information and also included orange headers for the information, which really makes it stand out. The creative looking brochure is my favorite of the two; I love the idea and the look of it. Here are a couple ideas for you to work on.

    Draft #1
    On the first page I would make the pictures colored since all your other pictures in the pamphlet are colored, I would keep it consistent especially when dealing with a logo. On the second page, the ribbon graphic, I would add another term on the bottom, to me only having three terms on the top and sides makes it seem like its missing something if you don’t add one on the bottom. I would also move the “services” header down a tad, to avoid any proximity issues with the reader. On the third page I would keep the text aligned on the left side where it says, “oh, yes we’re the best” and the paragraph under it, since the text is all aligned on the right side of the page, just to keep things consistent. Overall, great start and I love the layout.

    Draft #2
    Again, I would make all of the pictures colored and maybe make them a little bigger to fill the flap so there isn’t so much white space. Another suggestion would be to give your bulleted lists headers so you know what the bulleted list is representing; it took me a second look to realize that the list correlated with the main text on the front. Also, I’m not sure what the ovals represent on the middle section of the brochure, it seems irrelevant to me. Last suggestion would be to shrink or move the text on the flaps; some of the titles seem to be running really close to the edges. Overall, this is my favorite of the two; I like the concept and can really see this being used. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariya, I love the "look" that you are creating for your business. All of the materials you designed are very harmonious. Here are my thoughts.

    Brochure 1: I agree with Ashley. I'd either add another term to your ribbon, or space the words into thirds instead of fourths. It does seem like something is missing. I would also move the ribbon over to the right a little bit. One of your words to the left is almost overlapping it. Minor detail, but I think what is inside of the ribbon isn't centered. Also, you might consider making your orange text boxes just a little bigger. The "services" seems really tight. On page 2, all of your orange subheadings have punctuation, except one. I'd add a period to the end of it for consistency. I can't wait to see your extra graphics! I'm sure they'll add even more visual appeal.

    Draft 2: Again, I agree with Ashley's comments. The only additional suggestion that I have for this one is to change the color scheme to reflect what you've been using in Draft 1. I think in terms of branding yourself, it's good to be repetitive.

    Great job on both! I cannot wait to see your finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your extremely detailed comments! It has really been helping. :)

    ReplyDelete