Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Lauren's Brochure Draft

I do not have a company/reason to create a brochure currently, so my old roommate who works in Johnson & Johnson's fitness center sent me some of their old ones.  I recreated their personal training brochure.  It was nice, but had a lot of redundant text...

 (original)


I started by creating a new color palette.  I wanted to keep the red to match the logo and then chose a more muted blue and yellow to compliment it.


I chose to use a gate fold to be a little different. 


Outside

The barbell on the cover is flush to the center fold so that it will connect when closed.  The blue banner on the back is as well.


Inside





What do you guys think about the colors?  
Is there still too much text?  
Do you think that it is chunked well or is it hard to follow? 
I'm open to any suggestions, thanks!

2 comments:

  1. 1) I think the colors work well together,
    2) I don't there is too much text, it looks well chunked to me as well as nicely separated by pictures.
    I feel that there is a lot of white space, but I think that is due to the fact that there is all the white around the actual brochure.

    I think it looks great. I can't come up with any improvements right now. Maybe make the "personal training" on the outside a larger font, it might get lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I love that you used a gate fold and brought in the barbell graphic. Very clever! I just have a few suggestions. First, I'd make sure that all of your bullets are aligned. There are some instances where you have a bulleted item using two lines and on the second line the text is under the bullet. This makes it hard to read. I'd also make your headings align with the text below. There does seem to be a little bit too much white space. I'm really drawn to the banner that you created with your color palette on your second image. Could you work that in to your brochure somewhere? It's very visually appealing! Also, what about using colored boxes behind your headings to make them stand out more. I think this might make your information appear even more chunked. Lastly, I'd play around with creating an actual table (maybe creating the rows by using muted versions of your color palette?) so that you have an actual table.

    Can't wait to see what you end up with!

    ReplyDelete