Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Jen's Rough Draft

After seeing all the cool examples of non-tradtional brochures that Dr. Wilcox showed us in class, I decided that this is what I wanted to do.  The brochure is for my environmental group and the subject is the recent bee decline.  We plan to add this brochure to our tabling supplies when we canvas festivals and such.  I used a polygon shape because it reminded me of bees and, when combined, looks also like a flower.  The idea is that each of the individual polygons are cut on every line except the one that connects them to the center polygon.  Then, each of the polygons is folded into the center.  This creates the perfect pocket for holding the echinacea seeds that we're giving out for people to plant in their yards and help save the bees.  The only thing viewers will see until they unfold it is the polygon with the large bee for the front and the references polygon on the back.  (I'm still working on how I want the rest of the polygons folded/arranged.)  It took me a long time to do the graphics, so I'm still not finished.  I tried to use as many of the different types of images as I could.  Anyhow, I hope that I explained the folding well enough and that you get the general gist.  I'll post pictures of the folding when it's done.  I still need to add a polygon on the amazing uses for honey with graphics, the references, and I'm waiting on a high res .png of our logo.



1 comment:

  1. Jen,

    I am loving this little foldable! It is extremely informative using a small amount of words and it is graphic heavy. I also love the fact that you incorporated a QR code within your brochure so that you did not feel as though you needed to write the entire history of the group. Very neat!

    Mariya

    ReplyDelete