Friday, April 3, 2015

Rob Morgan Interface Design

I decided to create a welcome screen, menu screen, and some place holder screens for an eLearning. I do not have any eLearning in mind but when I create eLearning I sped a lot of time coming up with the themes and menus so I thought I would create a template to have available.

I started with a simple storyboard so I knew what to build.





I then started building my slides within Articulate Storyline 2. I wanted to go with a simple white background with lots of white space throughout. I also tried to bring the color scheme to all of the slides and to try to keep them consistent with each other. 

The menu was the biggest stretch for me. I have never had a menu that looked anything like this but I thought it had a industrial magazine feel to it that I liked. I am considering adding something like an abstract smudge to the menu screen but I also like the clean look.

Obviously, if this went into production things like "Option" would be filled out but at this point it is just a place holder. I will also have the training name on the intro (first) slide. I then did a mock-up of 4 possible content slides.






3 comments:

  1. Rob, I like what you've done so far. The menu looks really clean. My only question is if you are building this in Storyline, how are users going to navigate from one slide to the next? Are you thinking this will be a non-linear module and they'll just see one slide and then click back to the main menu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than likely, if I used this in a training there would be VoiceOver and a trigger that took you back to the main menu once the slide completed. The main menu button would be there in case you got to the slide and it was not something you wanted to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha! My first suggestion would be to move your logo over a little bit. It seems like there is a missing margin on that side since your main menu item on the right is further over. I'd also try to make the works that you are using as links look more like buttons so that the user intuitively knows to click on them. Lastly, and this is only a matter of personal preference, I'd make your black line under your title slides a little less thick. Maybe mirror the thickness of the white line you have in your first slide. I really like that you thought out of the box and designed a learning module instead of a website. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete