Thursday, April 2, 2015

RET Interface Draft

I was thinking about this project and wanted to incorporate it within the planetarium theme.  Currently there is a planetarium website which cannot be changed as it needs to adhere to JMU standards.  That is understandable, however I wanted to make an interface that new and veteran employees of the planetarium could use for some of their regular web-based tasks as well as use for reference material.  My organization looked something like this:


I have not gotten too far but I did code it all up in html to test it out.  Here are sever of the screens starting with the home page:





If anyone is interested in the code you can view it on through this liveweave link.



2 comments:

  1. Robert,

    I really like the simplicity of the main page and I think the logo looks great on it. I wonder if the background color of the buttons should be different or maybe even remove the background color all together and just have a text color.

    The other pages look good but they feel like maybe there could be something else on them. Perhaps even a very faint background of stars on it to break up the black a little.

    Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, The only thing I would worry about is the readability of the white text on the huge black background. I know that this really symbolizes a planetarium. However, it does make text harder to read. Could you maybe add text boxes behind your contacts? That might make them stand out more. I like Rob's idea of providing more of a background on some of the slides to help break up the black. I would also get rid of the gray of the text boxes on your home page. Maybe just leave them white? Will you have a footer on your site? That might also help break up the black a bit. I do love your logo and the purple of the movie background. I think if you can figure out a way to maintain the feeling of the planetarium while also having the black not be overwhelming to all your other elements, you'll have a great looking website!

    ReplyDelete