Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Lauren's Website Interface Draft

I decided to make a website for my class next year.  I used the schools colors that I will be at as my color scheme.  Many school divisions do not allow you to post pictures of students online.  I wanted to find a picture of students working together to show them what to expect in my class... you will not be staying in your seat all day!  I decided that just including the back of their head is an okay compromise and went with this header:
 I found it online (http://leahforteaching.com/wp-content/themes/LeahTheme/img/header.jpg) and edited it to fit with my color scheme.  The purple blocks below the image navigate to the other pages.  This is what I am envisioning for my pages:


For more clarification.. this is what the whole home page will look like:



Right now, I do not have many images.. just the header and my head shot.  Where do you think a visual would help convey the information?  I was thinking about including some concept maps on the "More Math Practice" page, but that was all I have right now.



2 comments:

  1. I think you could add some fun math pictures? I do like the extra practice page.

    Overall it looks really good! easy to move around and to find things and I love the color scheme!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I love your color choices! So vibrant and inviting. What about using some icons in your navigation menu? You could come up with something fun to indicate each of your classes. Then, you could maybe repeat those icons on the class page in some way. Just a thought for having more images. The only other thing I noticed is that you don't really have a title for your site anywhere on your home page. Maybe you could find a fun chalkboard font and put "Ms. Proctor's Class Website" on the green chalkboard, like the kids had written it. That may or may not work. You'd have to play around with it. Great job so far!

    ReplyDelete