Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Amanda Loeser's website draft

Website: amandaloeser.weebly.com

So I've had this website for a while now but feel like I can always add or change some things around. The main thing I am struggling with is my icons for my artifacts. Because this is a visual literacy class, I really want to have pictures for my icons but realized that not all people will know what each icon represent. I then wanted to have words underneath the pictured icons and struggled for a bit until I realized their was a caption icon! That was super exciting. I think it looks better, but needs something to add some consistency, so...
--should I have a border around all the icons.. maybe in the same color as the rest of the website? or black? I feel like the ones with a white background definitely need a border of some kind..
-> this has been by far the hardest part to figure out
Also, this may not seem like a hugeee deal, but one thing that I was able to make symbols out of were my "next" and "back" buttons on all of my different artifacts pages. I made them into arrows which I think is better. This also took some time because I had to create those buttons in word since I could not type in an arrow straight to the website and then relink everything to the proper page.
--- Is there anything else that could be maybe changed into a picture or somewhere I can place another symbol of some sort?
--Another thing I wonder is whether I should have a separate page up top titled "resume"? I have it on my first page as a button to click to, but wonder if it should be up top as well?
--Again with my homepage is the placement of my name. My name should be on it somewhere, but I'm not exactly sure where.. should it be where "Future Middle Educator" is OR maybe on top of my picture OR keep it where it is?
Let me know of any and all advice you guys have for me!!

Again, my website is amandaloeser.weebly.com

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I am SO SORRY I did not get on here earlier to give you critique. I picked up extra work and ran a race and completely forgot to get on here. Now that I'm here, here is my critique...

    1. I love the simplicity and white space on your website. It feels and looks great.
    2. I think if you include icons they should probably have a border. I think that will make it more consistent. And, I think if you just have images that would be ok too. People will see something like the Photoshop logo and know what it is. There will be others they might not know, but I think a picture would pique their interest more than words would. Like, I have no idea what Kahoot is, but if I saw the cute little owl, I might be like, "What's that??" Don't be afraid to let the image do the talking.

    3. Move your name up on the first page so that we can see it without having to scroll to the bottom.

    4. I like resume as a button on the about you page. But I think you just need the button. I don't think you need to have the button and then something that says what happens when you click the button.

    5. I think it looks great. I really do. It looks very professional.

    ReplyDelete