Sunday, February 5, 2012

Activity 4 80/20

 After reading the PAT principles of design I decided to focus on color and repetition.  As you can see for each portion of this visual the characters are equally spaced out and organized in its own box.  I chose two colors that were complementary to one another and I decided to repeat those color choices in the statistic explaining the picture.  Lastly, I chose two different pictures that were similar to one another in that they were both cartoons.  

Works Cited
Salesman picture
http://jokesprank.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/cartoon_salesman.jpg


2 comments:

  1. Love the colors and layout. I appreciate that the 80% is blue and the 20% is orange, corresponding to their respective borders. As you mentioned, the colors are complementary and easy on the eyes. One thing that's bugging me is the orange border is thicker than the blue one. It's really ticky-tacky, but my eyes were immediately drawn to it. Should there be a corresponding visual as well? By that I mean, eight men with two money bags to drive home the point about the 80/20 rule? The space could have been divided into quarters with a thick horizontal line in the middle to denote which direction the comparison is going. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I agree with Stephen. I think you need to show a comparison in order to make the visual work with the words. Also, with regard to the orange vertical line relative to the blue line: even if they were the exact same size, the orange one would appear wider because of the hue and value of the color. You need to be aware of these things when placing complementary colors next to each other.

    ReplyDelete