Tuesday, February 11, 2014

This is my Graduate Psychology logo.  I really struggled with this between getting an idea and learning to use a new tool.  I find that I want to do something and I cannot figure it out yet (YouTube has been helpful along with all the tutorials).  I like the idea of the name with a symbol that represents psychology (PSI).  I had to hand draw the symbol as I could not figure out how to create it another way (working on that). So right now it looks more like a trident than a PSI but I hope to fix that.  I think this has potential but would love feedback.


3 comments:

  1. I like that's simple and purposeful. I like your font choice as well. It's professional and matches what I think of when I think "psychology." I like the placement of the psi symbol, but I do agree it has trident qualities. I had to google what a psi looks like :o) Some of the ones I found had curvier tops. Maybe more curve would lessen the trident feel. Also, would you consider removing the background color / swapping the background color for the font color? I was thinking that if you wanted to use the logo on stationary, then you're going to have a dark rectangle instead of a logo that can go anywhere. Depending on size, the dark background might make the light font hard to read also. Overall, it's nice and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a thought, for the psi form, utilize some of your font's characters to form the psi. Take a T, uppercase i, or lowercase L, and add a C or D without the back spine.... in that way, you'll keep the style similar to the font choice- which is a great choice. I like the color difference of the words and the psi too. I agree with Emily, you should make an alpha background version in case the logo would be used as a letterhead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't sure about the dark background and agree it might work better as just letters for a stationary. Becca...good suggestion on working with letter to transform Inkscape is so new to me that when I tried to change the t is was a disaster but I think the idea of 2 letters together would work better.

    ReplyDelete