Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sam Dowell AHRD Logo

I decided to use people for my AHRD logo since that is the first visual image that comes to my mind when I think of human resources. At first I used gimp to create a background for the logo but could not get the background to be a light enough yellow so I went with a blue and white color scheme. Since this logo is for JMU's AHRD program I also wanted to create a purple and yellow logo with a generic yellow background. I would love some feedback on which logo everyone prefers and thoughts on utilizing an organization's color scheme in the logo. 


1 comment:

  1. I think we talked about your logo in class, so I hope I don't repeat too much of what was said there.
    First of all, I like your concept! I want to see more out of this idea.

    I like the bottom logo best. The top logo in inverse makes the people look kind of scary. Well, the purple guy for the D also looks scary. :)

    I like the idea of the people holding the cards for the letters, but the people look childish with their stocky rounded arms and legs. I would think AHRD was some child development program. So if you could thin them out or make them (and the font) seem more professional that might help with the overall tone.

    Other than that, JMU has a design document regarding their purple and gold colors. You should google to find it so you can use truer to brand colors. That will help in your final product I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete