Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Katie Thomas - AHRD logo draft



Here are a couple of ideas I had for the AHRD logo. The logo on top just came from the repetitive shapes in the lowercase letters of "ahrd." They all form a round shape. If I could actually edit fonts, I'd form each letter more completely within the circles. But as it is now, I kinda like it. 

I know we had that brief brainstorming session a couple classes ago and someone mentioned people in a pyramid which immediately brought the bottom image to mind - so apologies to whomever said it first! It still needs some tweaking but it's at least the beginning of an idea. 

6 comments:

  1. Katie - I love both of these logos!!! You did a really fantastic job. I can't even tell which one I like better! if I had too make some critique, I would say that in the first one, it should say "resource" not "resources". In the second one, I would try to make the "A" in AHRD a little more prominent, as it could be misconstrued. I really like the concept of using the people as the letter. I would just try to find a way to make it look more like an "A". You did a really great job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks! I think for this assignment I might stick to the round circles instead of the people but we'll see. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely like the round circles logo. I love the colors. In our module there was an hour long video that touched (only for 10 minutes near the end) on font manipulation in Photoshop. You might check that out, or just google for shorter videos pertaining specifically to altering fonts as 'shapes' and moving their lines. You would be awesome at that, so I want to see you do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, cool, yeah, I'll check that out. Nicole, where's your logo? I'm looking for it and I can't find it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both great but I agree that I like the first one a little better. It might be that it has more color, but I think I really like the simplicity of the lowercase letters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love theses!

    I was initially drawn to the one with the people. I wonder what it would look like if the people were hugging the D instead of moving away from the A.

    The second one is great too -If you use AHRD for the rest of your projects, you could incorporate the circles throughout your work. The circles are simple, but will hold everything together well.

    ReplyDelete