Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Web Activity One


Web Activity One

I apologize for my tardiness of my postings. I added this class late and because of this had some trouble joining the blog. 

Visual literacy and universal design seem to me to mean the ability of a visual representation to represent the instructions and for anyone to be able to understand and follow these directions. What I chose for my representation was the ATM. Immediately upon looking at the ATM you can see the exact direction in which to insert your bank card. The screen also gives continuous visual and literary directions for what exactly the directions are. They show a finger pushing in the numbers for the pin number and then show the user from where to take their cash and receipt. This example resonated with me a lot because I ALWAYS put my card in the wrong way in the printing systems around JMU. Although for the printing system, most people using it are likely to be able to read but it is less likely that the user of an ATM will be literate. Having full visual instructions is important for all persons to be able to use the ATM to withdraw money.



No comments:

Post a Comment