Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Web Activity 3: Theories of Memory

I am not a psychologist and only have what I imagine is a cursory understanding of theories of memory, but here is what I get from reading Chapter 3 of the Lohr book:
Each of the theories presented in the book seem to add a new layer of description of how memory works. My visual would work well as a powerpoint presentation, adding new layers to the page as one goes through the features of each theory.

I like my visual for Information Processing Theory better than the one used by Lohr. Lohr's image (Creating Graphics for Learning and Performance, 54) looks to me like someone is suffering from hay fever not a representation of the flow of memory.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very neat organization of the different theories discribed in the book. It took me a little bit of time to realize that the arrows pointed to the differences in the different theories. I really liked the colors you used and I like the organization in your graphic. Lastly, you did a really nice job describing the different theories as layers. Perhaps you could have made your visual represent that by creating a layered look with the boxes. I don't know if that would have made it confusing but it might have looked cool. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete