Sunday, January 22, 2012

Draft visual resume-- Matt Dingo

Here is a link to my visual resume created by Adobe's new web design beta software Muse:

http://student.coe.jmu.edu/educ570k/dingomt/visual-resume.html

There are 4 tabs that feature different aspects of my resume. I have not yet completed the 'Music Career' tab yet as I will have to spend much time uploading .mp3's.

As Muse is still in its beta stage, there are many small format glitches when one renders a site to html such as text not appearing exactly where you place it and alignment being off by a few pixels.

Despite these bugs, I find Muse a promising program for designers who are code-o-phobic but want to design dynamic web sites.

Thanks, Matt Dingo

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Matt. Muse looks pretty cool. Your color scheme is fine and the layout is logical. My question is on the education and teaching sections and how your modules of experience are shaped. I see the timeline at the bottom indicating a horizontal variable width but what about the vertical structure of the modules? I'm confused as to why some are tall and skinny but others are shorter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eric,

      I have the boxes on those pages long enough to fill the time line when the activity took place and tall enough to fit all the words to describe the activity. Maybe I should have made the boxes a uniform height and centered the text?

      Matt

      Delete