Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Picture Book/Manual/Website Decision Guide


When considering our upcoming picture book/manual/website assignment, I have found myself going back and forth on which platform to use to display my information.

I was tempted to do the picture book simply for the challenge. It relies heavily on our use of images to interpret our story or message. However, given the fact that my audience is a group of high-potential professionals, I don't think this is the best platform. If you are brave enough and feel this platform fits your audience then I found a site that I think will help ensure a powerful picture book!

Check it out:

http://www.rif.org/us/literacy-resources/articles/getting-the-most-out-of-picture-books.htm

Next I considered the website option. I have previously created a website using Wix-which I would HIGHLY recommend. It's an extremely user-friendly application that builds a nice clean website! However, given my intentions, I didn't feel that I had the quantity of content suitable to create an entire website. I found a website that gives great insight when designing and developing your webpage which also ties in nicely with the expectations we have learned and Kara's CRAP model post.

Take a look:

http://www.socialmediatoday.com/content/24-things-consider-when-designing-and-developing-website

When I finally decided that something important to my cause of driving associate's everyday development is their Individual Development Plan (IDP), I was able to determine my best route-the manual. Currently, there isn't a great deal of direction for associates filling out their IDP. I intend to use what I've learned so far in this course to develop a Kohl's oriented manual. I found yet another walkthrough for a manual design that incorporates images.

One more time:

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-User-Manual

I hope you find these links helpful and that your decision comes easy!

Good luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. Leah,
    These all look like great resources for our upcoming project. Thanks for posting them!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete