Monday, February 20, 2012

Web Activity 6



When I was reading about visual hierarchy, I immediately thought about magazine covers and website layouts. Magazine covers have what they think will grab their readers’ attention in big bold words; they also have a celebrity or attractions as the main picture, and some times with other smaller pictures. To create an image that uses words and symbols to imply hierarchy I created a magazine cover to represent London, England. I used a picture that I took of a red phone booth to represent London, because people automatically think of London when they see them. For the components to represent visual hierarchy, I used size by using different font sizes to show the importance of the text that demand more attention. The viewers’ eye is drawn to the title and then to what is inside the magazine. I used color by having the color red stand out in a black and white picture; red has a high visibility and is an intense color. The image shows alignment and repetition by having the main components of the magazine on the right hand side in the order they appear inside. The magazine cover is organized in a way that is easy to read and consistent to viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment